Make a difference with a year on camp as a Camp Coolamatong Intern!
Coolamatong Internships are a year of growth and ministry for 18-24 year old young people. Our commitment is to train you to be a Christian leader through outdoor adventure camping. Together we’ll give many young kids the opportunity to experience God’s creation, develop their skills, and discover more about themselves and their worth.
Why would I do an internship?
- Live in a supportive Christian community on beautiful Banksia Peninsula on the Gippsland Lakes
- Gain qualifications in Outdoor Recreation or Christian Ministry
- Be mentored and equipped by experienced practitioners
- Impact the lives of more than 3,000 children and young people
- Build skills in leadership, outdoor adventure activities, faith understanding and missional perspectives, and group and community dynamics
- Obtain certificates in Outdoor Recreation or Christian Ministry, Level 2 First Aid, Bronze Medallion and Safe Food Handling.
What do Interns do?
- Run activities for school camps (Prep-Year 10)
- Canoeing, Bush Cooking, Hikes, Low Ropes, Farming, Climbing and Abseiling, Geocaching, Cycling, Raft Building, Adventure Racing and more
- Help with preparation and serving of food, dishes, hang out with kids, run themes for school camps, complete activity and site maintenance
“I love the way the internship helps us to show the love of God to the kids on camp. I love living in community with other interns, and learning valuable life skills.”
— Ian, Camp Coolamatong Intern