Chaplaincy Vacancies - Victoria
Scripture Union is a Christian organisation and approved school chaplaincy provider. We provide chaplains in both government and independent schools across Victoria. We have a distinctive community development approach to school chaplaincy, implementing a variety of programs and initiatives in response to the needs of the school community.
SU is currently seeking to appoint part-time school chaplains in regions across Melbourne and Victoria to commence as soon as possible.
Interested applicants will need to apply for chaplaincy accreditation with SU Victoria. If successfully accredited by SU Victoria, applicants are then able to be considered for a role in a school.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following qualities, experience and qualifications:
- Significant experience in working with children and families and an understanding of the school context
- Excellent people and networking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of asset based community development
- Well organised, outcome oriented, able to work well in a team and autonomously
- Mature personal faith and values consistent with SU’s ethos
- Current eligibility to work in Australia
SU is a ChildSafe organisation. All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check and operate under SU’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people.
- Camperdown P-12 - details TBC
- Cranbourne West SC - 10 hours per week
- Eagle Point PS - 10 hours per week, commencing ASAP
- Greensborough SC - 10 hours per week
- Hampton Park SC - 12 hours per week
- Lara PS - details TBC
- Moe PS (Elizabeth Street) - 10 hours per week, commencing ASAP
- Monterey SC - details TBC
- Ripplebrook PS - 2 days per week
- Rockbank PS - 2 days per week
- Stawell - commencing Term 2
- Yarra Junction PS - 3 days per fortnight
If you have any questions, please contact the Chaplaincy Support Administrator on 9482 5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a school chaplaincy role through SU, you must first be accredited with us. To apply for accreditation, fill in a Chaplaincy Application Form. If you are already accredited with SU for chaplaincy and would like to apply for a vacancy, please email your current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.